ANSI/API Technician - Red Deer
The ANSI/API Technician is responsible for servicing and greasing ANSI/API valves and as well as Side Entry, Gate Clamp, Primary seal testing, Actuator repair, and ANSI/API valve projects as required. The candidate will understand the proper processes and procedures of handling high pressure equipment. This position will work in both the shop and field environments providing greasing and other valve services.
What you will be responsible for:
- Position reports directly to the Field Services and Onsite Manager.
- Disassemble valves using various tools.
- Clean valves for inspection, with the use of solvents and tools.
- Inspect internal parts including measurement and documentation of critical dimensions.
- Enter information for valves into a computer tracking system.
- Assemble valves in accordance with OEM specs using various tools.
- Test of valves to code and specifications ensuring compliance.
- Paint and tag valves to like new condition.
- Quality Control to ensure all the paperwork and tags are correct and verifying against paperwork and computer system information.
- Safely work with operations in conducting service and/or maintenance of equipment.
- Provide training and guidance to the Field Service Helper (if applicable) and ensure their safety while performing field work.
- Demonstrate and emphasize safety conscience attitude.
Success in this role will come from:
- Experience and knowledge of the various ball valves, gate valves, check valves, gear operators and actuators are required. (E.G- Grove, WKM, Cameron, Rockwell, Bettis, PBV, Erichsen, Meridian, Mastergear, Balon, Rotork, Nutron, Barber, Argus, etc).
- Basic computer skills; MS office suite proficient.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within complex, fast-moving work environment.
- Ability to work as a positive contributing member within a team environment.
- Willingness to take hands on approach in developing systems and procedures.
- Functional understanding of imperial and metric systems.
- Experience with wellhead and pipeline knowledge to be able to maintain and service equipment with little or no supervision.
- Ability to read, understand and follow technical specifications for the assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment.
- Strong knowledge of all hand & pneumatic tools for the purpose of the services required.
- Problem solving and organizational skills.
What will pique our interest:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Post-secondary education or vocation training is considered beneficial but not essential.
- Minimum 2 years of Greasing and Servicing of API/ANSI valves preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and clean abstract.
- H2S, TDG, and First Aid Certificates must be current.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Shop and filed environments.
- Exposure to sudden loud noises (pops/bangs), and harsh cleaning chemicals.
- Steel-toed boots are required and is the responsibility of the employee to obtain prior to hire date.
- May be required to work away from home to assist other branches. Camp work may be required for field servicing work.
- Normal hours 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday to Friday. Schedules may vary due to work requirements. Overtime and weekends as required.
- Required to stand for long periods of time on concrete.
- Will work into an on-call rotation schedule.
- Required to take a pre-employment drug test as this position is considered safety sensitive.
- Pre-access drug testing and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination records for field work may also be required as requested throughout duration of employment.