Business Development West Central Alberta
The Business Development Sales Representative is an outside sales contract position within western/central Albert region. They will be responsible for territory development and sales, support, and technical knowledge of all products and services provided, manufactured, and distributed by Kings Energy Services.
Attributes Required for Success:
- Take direction and fulfill responsibilities from the VP, Business Development and Marketing.
- Perform direct sales of Kings Energy Services’ products and services.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Prepare and complete action plans.
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolve problems, identify trends, and determine regional sales system improvements.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counseling, building, and maintaining rapport with key customers, identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes, surveying consumer needs and trends and tracking competitors.
- Transport of products to and from customers site as necessary.
- Maintain and submit expense reports.
- Communicate sales objectives, opportunities, and results to Senior Management.
- Communicate incoming projects and planned timelines to management and shop personnel.
- Attend weekly sales meetings in a prepared manner ready to discuss current or potential upcoming quotes, projects, sales, etc.
Success in this role will come from:
- A sound knowledge of valve, instrumentation, and electrical products, drilling recertification, machining and manufacturing services or a combination of these will be essential.
- Demonstrated motivation to meet sales goals.
- Possess solid skills in territory, performance, and profitability management.
- Display strong presentation, sales planning, and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of sales techniques including cold calling, attending trade shows, Lunch & Learns, and other social functions and activities with clients outside of the workplace.
- Strong computer skills: MS office suite proficient, SalesPad, ActiveCampaign.
- Ability to work both as a positive contributing member within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to facilitate quote requests and follow-up service calls/visits with customers.
- Possess strong problem solving and organizational skills.
What will pique our interest:
- 3+ years minimum of outside sales experience.
- Post-Secondary education in the Sales or related field would be beneficial.
- High School or GED Equivalent.
- A background of valve, instrumentation electrical products and/or drilling services is a definite asset.
- A valid driver’s license and clean abstract.
- A current First Aid, H2S and TDG certificates.
- Defensive Driving Course considered an asset.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Monday – Friday.
- Yearly holiday office closures.
- Travel and time away from home may be required.
- Frequent virtual meetings with clients, manager, and co-workers.
- Some evenings and weekend work may be required.