Delivery Driver\General Laborer
Kings Energy Services Ltd. is seeking a motivated individual to fill the role of Delivery Driver\General Laborer in our Grande Prairie Branch. This is a casual position. Candidates must be available to work the busy turn around season for May and June.
The Delivery Driver\General Laborer will be responsible for transporting a variety of materials, parts, and finished products to on-site locations making deliveries and pickups to and from customers, in a safe and timely manner. Support in building and maintaining trusting relationships with customers will be a top priority for this role. When not performing deliveries, this position will also assist with basic shop housekeeping and valve servicing responsibilities.
What you will be responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the Team Lead – PSV.
- Transporting materials, parts, and finished products to and from customer regional locations.
- Inspect vehicle and trailer for mechanical items and safety issues both pre and post trip and perform preventative maintenance.
- Keep in contact with supervisor to provide up to date information and requirements or job scheduling.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document kilometers spent driving and retain fuel receipts.
- Comply with company and government regulations and rules.
- Secure and deal with cargo safely.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents, or violations.
- Building pallets.
- Cleaning / painting valves.
- Fully understanding Safety and QC manuals.
- Maintaining and operating tools under supervision.
- Organizing and cleaning the shop departments, company vehicles.
- Other duties as required to assist with workloads.
Success in this role will come from:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, GEOTab, Summit Fleet).
- Familiarity with field lease locations and plant / compressor locations.
- The ability to travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- An outstanding driving record without accidents or traffic violations.
- The ability and foresight to handle changing conditions, troubleshoot equipment, and find new routes when needed.
What will pique our interest:
- Available during busy turnaround schedules
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Cargo Securement course or minimum 2 years of truck, trailer, and cargo securement experience.
- A valid Driver’s License and clean abstract.
- Defensive Driving Course and/or TDG certificates considered assets.
- Field and shop environments.
- Subject to driving in all weather conditions.
- High level of social contact with customers and other team members.
- Very hands-on role including standing for long periods and frequent sitting, kneeling, lifting, bending daily.
- Exposure to sudden loud noises (pops/bangs), harsh cleaning chemicals (Varsol), etc.
- Steel-toed boots are required.
- Hours may vary depending on workload but typically 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday to Friday, plus overtime and weekends as required during the turnaround season.