Business Development Sales Representative
The Business Development Sales Representative is primarily an outside sales position and will be responsible for territory development and sales, support, and technical knowledge of all products and services provided, manufactured and distributed by Kings Energy Services.
- Take direction and fulfill responsibilities from the Senior Sales Manager
- Perform direct sales of Kings Energy Services’ products and services.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Prepare and complete action plans
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Resolve problems, complete audits, identify trends, and determine regional sales system improvements.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counseling, building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, assisting with an annual sales budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes, surveying consumer needs and trends and tracking competitors.
- Maintain and submit expense reports
- Communicate sales objectives, opportunities, and results to Senior Management.
- Communicate incoming projects and planned timelines to management and shop personnel
- Attend weekly sales meetings in a prepared manner ready to discuss current or potential upcoming quotes, projects, sales, etc.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test as this position is considered a safety sensitive position.
Skills Training and Competencies:
- A sound knowledge of valve and instrumentation product is essential, as well as a solid general knowledge of other products, services and applications.
- Demonstrated motivation to meet sales goals.
- Possess solid skills in territory, performance and profitability management.
- Display strong presentation, sales planning and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of sales techniques including cold calling, attending trade shows, Lunch & Learns, and other social functions and activities with clients outside of the workplace.
- Strong computer skills: MS office suite proficient.
- Ability to work both as a positive contributing member within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to facilitate quote requests and follow-up service calls/visits with customers.
- Possess strong problem solving and organizational skills.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Post-Secondary education/ Trade certificate would be beneficial but not a requirement
- High School or GED Equivalent
- A background of valve and instrumentation products is a definite asset.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Travel and time away from home may be required