Network, IT Support
The Network, IT Support is responsible for handling first line day-to-day computer, peripherals and networking issues for the organization and all associated controls including providing desktop and printer support, as well as basic network and server support. Issues or changes required, such as forgotten passwords, viruses or email issues, as well as installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems are all part of this position. The technical support provided is vital to the ongoing operational efficiency of the company.
- Take direction and fulfil responsibilities from the IT Manager
- Make recommendations regarding purchasing equipment and/or software to IT Manager
- Provide software and network support, training and troubleshooting in a networked microcomputer environment.
- Troubleshoot/resolve remote access problems for offsite users.
- Provide basic Local Area Network and Windows/PC problem solving for local users.
- Perform new hardware installation and upgrades; evaluate/recommend changes as necessary.
- Reconfigure, maintain, and repair Windows/PC workstations (desktops and laptops) and servers.
- Perform movement, additions and changes to equipment (computer hardware, cables).
- Perform applications installation, re-installation, configuration and upgrades.
- Develop and implement security procedures for safeguarding hardware and software.
- Resolve network connectivity issues as necessary.
- Create procedure documents
- Monitoring alarm system
- Track hardware inventory and communicate resource requirements to management team.
- Ensure applications are available and functioning as required by end users and departments, resolving problems in a timely fashion.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot a wide range of software and hardware used throughout the company’s operations.
- Perform hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
- Setup desktop and laptop computers using Microsoft Windows Operating system.
- Install, configure and support printers, scanners and other computing devices.
- Maintain service desk documentation, document new procedures as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position
- Work closely with the IT Manager with evaluation, monitoring, and reporting of work completed
- Initiate Nonconformance reports where product or services do not meet work order requirements
- Demonstrate and emphasize safety conscience attitude.
Skills Training and Competencies:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have advanced personal computer word processing, spreadsheet, database, DOS and Windows skills.
- Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and accuracy for data entry and paperwork; including company sensitive information.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work within complex, fast-moving work environment under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a positive contributing member within team environment.
- Willingness to take hands on approach in developing systems and procedures.
- Must have thorough understanding of installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Prefer a working understanding and experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Thorough understanding of Windows 7, 8, and 10
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- A computer technology diploma, degree or certificate from a recognized institution or equivalent work experience is a requirement.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2011, and 2016 a definite asset
- Possesses a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Experience with personal computer equipment including the configuration of routers and VPN’s.
- Travelling to other branches for maintenance, installation and service issues
- Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM shift
- On-call 24/7