Journeyman / Apprentice Instrumentation Technician - Red Deer
The Journeyman / Apprentice Instrumentation Technician is responsible for repairing and calibrating various devices as per the manufacture’s recommended procedures while upholding the fundamental concepts of Kings Energy Services Ltd. Quality Management System.
What you will be responsible for:
- Taking direction and fulfilling responsibilities from the Division Manager – EI&M.
- Troubleshooting various equipment and systems.
- Performing preventative maintenance on instrumentation (calibration, replacement and tests as required), maintaining field instrument records and standards in conjunction with company requirements as well as Provincial, Federal legislation.
- Reviewing and applying a continuous improvement mindset to safe work practices, procedures and standards.
- Inspecting and testing the operation of instruments and systems (using pneumatic, electrical/electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments) to diagnose faults.
- Repairing and adjusting system components (sensors, transmitters, programmable logic controllers, etc.); remove, repair and/or replace defective parts.
- Calibrating components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Using hand tools, power tools, precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Learning gauge calibration techniques and procedures.
- Performing shop meter proving.
- Performing recorder and deadweight calibrations.
- Repairing and calibrating a variety of other measurement devices.
- Assisting technicians with field calibrations.
- Helping other technicians with their projects, such as disassembly, cleaning, and painting.
- Preparing rental equipment for customers.
- Performing preventative maintenance of shop testing equipment.
- Ensuring familiarity with construction codes, installation practices, and tube bending.
- Ensuring compliance to specifications, jurisdictional requirements, and contracts.
- Demonstrating and emphasizing a safety conscience attitude.
Success in this role will come from:
- Compliance and understanding of applicable code, laws and registered documentation.
- Providing customer and product support specific to client and field applications
- Strong knowledge of the Industrial Commercial and Oil & Gas industries.
- A strong attention to detail.
- The capability to provide explanations on work activities to onsite customer inquiries.
- Exceptional manual dexterity.
- Excellent mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities
- The ability to work safely and autonomously and provide direction to apprentices if in a Journeyman role.
Our interest will be piqued by:
- A registered / certified Journeyman Instrumentation trade.
- A High School Diploma or GED required; additional accreditation will be considered an asset.
- Valid H2S, CSO, First Aid and Fall Protection certificates.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Work may be performed indoors or outdoors.
- Some overnight or weekly travel to sights / branches may be required.
- Work can be physically demanding and may require working from heights.
- Annual holiday office closures
Monday to Friday shifts with some weekend and evening work as required.