The Valve Technician is involved in all aspects of service and repair of pressure relief device valves. This is an all-encompassing role including adherence to quality and safety processes and procedures, as well as servicing of valves and general shop/equipment maintenance activities. As a Valve Technician, you will be part of a team of individuals committed to delivering a high standard of quality and operational excellence.
- Position reports directly to either the PSV Team Lead or Branch Manager depending on branch location
- Disassemble valves using various tools
- Clean valves for inspection, with the use of solvents and tools.
- Inspect internal parts including measurement and documentation of critical dimensions.
- Enter information for valves into a computer tracking system.
- Assemble valves in accordance with OEM specs using various tools.
- Test of valves to code and specifications ensuring compliance.
- Paint and tag valves to like new condition and sealing valves in accordance to code.
- Quality Control to ensure all the paperwork and tags are correct and verifying against paperwork and computer system information.
Skills Training and Competencies:
- Mechanical aptitude and a commitment to safety and quality.
- Commitment towards a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of repair and testing of Relief Valves would be an asset.
- Basic computer and math skills are considered assets.
- Accuracy with attention to detail are strong attributes for the role.
- Possess good communication skills and positive attitude.
- Must be professional, courteous and represent King’s Energy Services whenever dealing with our customers or other companies.
- Strong work ethic and possess the ability to lead by example at all times.
- Ability to read and understand and follow technical specifications for the assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug test as this is considered a safety sensitive position
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Post-secondary education or vocation training is considered beneficial but not essential.
- Minimum 2 years of Safety Valve servicing preferred.
- Shop environment
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday to Friday, overtime and weekends as needed
- Will work into an on-call rotation schedule