Valve Technician - Sarnia, Ontario
The Valve Technician is involved in all aspects of service and repair of pressure relief device valves, control valves as well as API/Ansi valves. This is an all-encompassing role including adherence to quality and safety processes and procedures, as well as servicing of valves and general shop/equipment maintenance activities. The Valve Technician will be part of a team of individuals committed to delivering a high standard of quality and operational excellence.
- Take direction and fulfil responsibilities from the Shop or Field Supervisor
- Disassemble valves using various hand and power tools onsite locations and shop
- Clean valves for inspection, with the use of solvents and tools
- Inspect internal parts including measurement and documentation of critical dimensions
- Enter information for valves into a computer tracking system
- Assemble valves in accordance with OEM specs using various tools
- Test of valves to code and specifications ensuring compliance
- Paint and tag valves to like new condition and sealing valves in accordance to code
- Quality Control to ensure all the paperwork and tags are correct and verifying against paperwork and computer system information
- Overtime as required by shop / onsite requirements.
Skills Training and Competencies:
- Must be fluent in the English language (both verbal and written)
- Possess strong knowledge in the industrial safety including (JHA/JSA) and product MSDS
- Mechanical aptitude and a commitment to safety and quality
- Ability to read and understand and follow technical drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of repair and testing of Relief Valves
- Retain a solid knowledge of all aspects related to HSSE while carrying out required work
- Strong computer skills; MS office suite proficient
- Ability to work in different environmental conditions including inclement weather
- Physically fit to lift min 50 lbs and capable of climbing stairs and ladders on customer sites
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge in repairing and testing of Safety Relief Valves preferred but will train
- Knowledge of API/ANSI valves and control valves is an asset but will train
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract required.
- Any of the following current safety tickets: Forklift, Overhead Crane, First Aid.
- An ability to lift 50 lbs.